Starting with smaller bioreactor cultures is the most cost effective way to develop a new process or troubleshoot a larger one. By implementing a scaled-down system, you save time, money, and headache. The combination of myControl and mini-Bioreactors gives you access to all the growth conditions, operation modes, sensors, and actuators that you can get from larger systems. That means you can execute all kinds of applications at a fraction of the usual cost.
The myControl and mini-Bioreactors were specificially designed to be a true scale-down of larger stirred-tank systems.That translates into greater flexibiliy and control of cultures—even at the smallest working volumes.
- Save money on media components by using smaller working volumes.
- Save time by operating multiple experiments in parallel
- Shrink your seed culture requirements
- Maximize the productivity of your lab space and personnel
Applications of the myControl and mini-Bioreactors
- Growth/Production optimization
- Late-stage strain screening
- Fed-batch and Continuous cultivations
- Rapid medium formulation
- Metabolic profiling
- Basic R&D
myControl: Flexible, reliable control of your process
myControl is the most advanced controller available for small-scale bioreactors, giving you the easiest way to reliably scale-down cultivations. The controller is compatible with bioreactors ranging from 50 mL to 2,700 mL (working volume), and is easily convertible between microbial and cell culture configurations.
The system has a tiny footprint (~0.7 ft2), making it easy to set up parallel installations for fast experimental campaigns. Plus, the built-in software interface allows you to access myControl with a web browser (including via mobile devices), so you can manage your entire laboratory with ease.
As part of a BioBundle, your myControl is pre-configured and ready to use. Adding additional control loops, sensors, actuators, or external I/O is also fast and easy, so you will receive a system that meets your exact process specifications! Moreover, myControl is modular, so you can change your configuration options in the future as your experimental objectives evolve.
- Simple setup and operation (includes control loops for pH, temperature, agitation, foam and level)
- Autotuning, adaptive PID algorithms for accurate control of changing bioprocesses
- Easy operation via web browsers (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, iOS, and Android)
- Parallel processing via connection of 1 to 32 myControl systems to a single interface
- Liquid addition options that include 6 variable speed pumps or a micro-addition valve for precise feeding of very small cultures
- Flexible gas addition strategies via 3 available mass-flow controllers
- Bioreactor cooling via an electrical heating and cooling system—no lab water required
- Expandible via extra input and output options
- USB interface for biomass sensors, fluorescent sensors, and configuration updates
- Screening, media optimization, modelling, and toxicity studies
- Batch, fed-batch, perfusion, and continuous cultivation experiments
- Microbial or Cell Culture cultivation
pH, temperature, dissolved oxygen, agitation, foam and level
|Optional: biomass, fluorphor pH, fluorphor dissolved oxygen|
|Optional: 4 x analog inputs (0-10 V)|
|Control Type||PID control with selectable autotuning adaptive control|
|Actuators||Up to 6 variable speed pumps or micro addition valves|
|Up to 3 mass flow controllers and 4 solenoid valves for gas flow control|
|Electrical bioreactor heating via Peltier element or heating blanket|
|Electrical bioreactor cooling via Peltier element|
|Electrical condenser cooling via Peltier element|
|Spare I/O: 8 x digital output, 4 x analog output (0.4-20mA)|
|Additional Features||Emergency stop connection, central alarm output|
|System status indicator (inactie/active/alarm) via integrated LEDs|
|Power||Pmax = 480 VA 115/230 VAC|
|Dimensions||350 x 190 x 400 mm (D x W x H)|
Applikon Bioreactors:The Worldwide Standard
Because of their dependability and ease-of-use, Applikon laboratory bioreactors are the worldwide market leader. Each system is designed with quality and modularity in mind, meaning that you can operate these systems for years and upgrade as changes in research activities demand.
Our full range of bioreactors are scalable systems designed to ease transitions between the laboratory and larger scales. As part of a BioBundle, the bioreactors are supplied with everything you need to start working—sensors, impellers, connections, tubing, and spare seals are all provided.
Meaningful Results for Years to Come
- Seamless integration with myControl
- Includes sensors for pH, DO2, temperature
- Modular design to meet current and future needs
- Tough borosilicate glass design provides easy cleaning and thermal shock resistance
- Configurable for microbial or cell culture
- Compatible with batch, fed-batch-and continuous modes
A Powerful Bioreactor with a Compact Design
- Configurable head plate for system customization
- Scaled-down glass vessel to mimic larger bioreactor systems
- Working volumes starting at 50mL
- Integrated sample/feed tube holders for easy sterilization and transport
- Electrical heating and cooling—no lab water needed
- Saving money on media costs
- Quickly deploying several reactors in a small space
- Strain/Media screening
Standard Bioreactors Also Available
In many configurations, our standard autoclavable vessels (up to 3L) can be used with myControl. Speak with your Applikon representative about these options.
|MiniBio 250/500mL||Standard 1/2/3L|
|Working Volume||50-200 mL||300-900/500-1,700/500-2,700mL|
|Footprint (diameter x height)||7.1"/7.6" x 9.8"||6.8" x 15.5"/7.5" x 17.2"/7.5"x17.2"|
|Drive System||Direct drive, lipsealed||Direct drive, lipsealed|
|Impellers||Rushton or marine||Rushton or marine|
|Gas Sparger||Porous or L-type, overlay||Porous or L-type, overlay|
|Exhaust Gas||Electrically cooled condenser||Water cooled condenser|
|Sampling||Fixed sample pipe||Fixed Sample pipe|
|Additions||4 fixed inlet ports and optional micro-valve addition|
|pH||Measurement via classical pH sensor, control by acid, carbon dioxide, or alkalai addition|
|Dissolved Oxygen||Measurment via classical DO sensor, Control by nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, agitation, or liquid feed|
|Temperature||Control via electrical heating and coolingControl via electrical heating and water coolingHeight adjustable conductivity sensor|
|Optional inlets||Septum, chemostat tube, liquid entry system|
|Optional sensors||Biomass, optical density, off-gas|
Customize to get the most from your bioreactors.
Your new myControl and mini-Bioreactor has everything you need to start working right away, and you can extend its capabilities with an array of powerful options for advanced sensing and control. Options can be added prior to delivery, or later as your needs change.
- Mass-flow controllers for precision gas addition
- Up to 6 pumps for liquid feeding
- Balances for gravity feeding
- Perfusion systems
- Biomass monitors
- Microvalve additions
- Glucose sensors
- External I/O for further extensions
- OPC servers for integrations
Send a message directly to your local representative asking for more information.
Learn more about Applikon BioBundles.